Man dies after turning up to London hospital with stab wounds

Two men have been stabbed to death in separate incidents in London in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The Metropolitan Police said officers were called to an east London hospital at around 4.30am after two men turned up with knife wounds. They were stabbed in the area of White Post Lane, Hackney Wick, the Met said.

One of men, named by police as Trei Daley, 26, from Bromley, south London, died despite receiving treatment. The second man, aged 24, has been discharged from hospital.

The Metropolitan Police said that a post-mortem examination will be arranged for Mr Daley and his family has been informed. No arrests have been made.

DCI Jim Eastwood of the Metropolitan Police’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “Firstly, I want to express my most sincere sympathies to Trei’s family.

“They are being supported by specialist officers, and a dedicated team of detectives will be doing everything possible to bring to justice whoever was responsible for this tragic killing.

“Our enquiries have established that Trei was stabbed near to the Colour Factory nightclub in Queen’s Yard, which is just off White Post Lane in Hackney Wick.

“This area was still busy at around 4am to 4.30am on Saturday morning. Were you there? Did you witness some sort of fight or confrontation? Did you see or hear anything suspicious?”

He said officers had already spoken to a number of people, but urged anyone else who was in the area to come forward.”

A second man died following a separate stabbing incident in the south of the capital.

Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at around 1.30am to a critically injured man at a flat in Hicken Road, Brixton.

The man, aged in his 50s, was taken to a London hospital suffering stab injuries.

Despite the efforts of medics, he died a short time later. Officers are in the process of informing his family.

Second man died after separate stabbing in south London


A post-mortem examination and formal identification will be arranged in due course.

An urgent investigation is under way, led by detectives from Specialist Crime and supported by colleagues from the Met’s Central South BCU, the force said.

One man, aged in his 50s, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

He has been taken to a south London police station where he remains in custody.

A crime scene is in place at the block of flats on Hicken Road and a forensic examination of the scene is ongoing.

Anyone with information or any witnesses who are yet to speak with police, quoting ref 503/11feb or Crimestoppers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *