Four fire engines were sent to Bolton Road shortly after 10pm and used a hose reel and other specialist equipment to put out the flames.
No-one was reported to have been hurt.
Neighbours were advised to keep their doors and windows closed as smoke billowed in the air.
Firefighters are currently at the scene of an incident on Bolton Road in Radcliffe. There’s plenty of smoke in the area so please keep your doors and windows closed and avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/WEvfI78vGf
— Greater Manchester Fire & Rescue Service (@manchesterfire) February 8, 2023
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service said: “Just after 10pm last night, Wednesday, four fire engines from Farnworth, Whitefield and Bolton Central fire stations along with a turntable ladder from Manchester Central were called to reports of a building fire involving a property on Bolton Road, Radcliffe.
“The crews arrived quickly at scene.
“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatuses used a hose reel to extinguish the fire.”
“Firefighters were in attendance for around two-and-half hours.”
The fire service has been asked for more information about the cause of the blaze.